Join our Junior Program!
Our Junior Program is held every Wednesday 3.30 – 4.30pm & Friday 3.30 – 5.00pm during the school terms.
Age 8 and below: 3:30pm
Age 9-10: 4:15pm
Age 11 and above: 3:30pm
To be a part of the Noosa Golf Club Junior Program the participant must be a member of the golf club.
Membership fees for the year (01 April until 31 March) are as follows:
- Cadets Golf membership (under 13’s) $49 per year
- Junior Golf membership (13-17 yrs) $218.30 per year, includes handicap.
Membership includes 1 clinic per week, a free t-shirt and a free social membership for Mum or Dad.
Additional costs apply for this program.
Junior Pennant – Conduct and Behaviour
This is a reminder to everyone involved with Junior Pennant – players, caddies, managers, officials, parents, spectators – to assist in delivering a safe and positive environment to everyone involved in the game. Within that safe environment, every participant has the best chance to enjoy the game – and especially for the kids, it is a GAME.
All adults at junior pennant matches are encouraged and expected to:
- display positive acts of sportsmanship;
- never behave aggressively or with intimidation to others;
- never ridicule or scorn a player for making a mistake – respect their efforts;
- demonstrate respect to all;
- lead by positive example; and
- understand that sport is a part of a total life experience, and the benefits of involvement go far beyond the final score of a match.
This year, many of the children (and their parents/caddies) are new to the game of golf and are not aware of all the rules, regulations and etiquette involved. The more experienced people are expected to be patient and take the time to politely explain rules and situations. If there is any doubt regarding a ruling, please contact the host team’s course official or Pro Shop to request clarification of the situation or decision, instead of arguing with the opposing player/team.
Remember that children participate for their OWN enjoyment, not yours!